8.5.06

Cold

walk down these roads of streets so cold
a rush to my feet from the floor, seething through my skin
with teeth clenched, bones shivered
i'm losing sight, this heart out of air

thick layers of clothes covered me
the night left me thinking how this could happen
so cold, i couldn't tell what a fire is
nor the color of ember, i would never know

my back now crunched with the world on it
stooped, crawling on these hollow spaces empty
gravity seemed like helping, sending me in below
or was it a mistake? i realized they were humans

i passed on these walls so cold, shadows numb
these stores possess souls hiding in darkness
peeking through its windows, their lips touched the surface
they long to say something, i would never learn

to my mind, i ignored these wasted times
times i might regret when i finallly reach the last
of this journey so cold, i would wish to rest
but there's just no stopping, this pain never to end

through my eyes i bled, until i lost control
inside i screamed to noone's ears but mine
my hands so cold, couldn't grasp what's left anymore
one by one they've crashed, fell down like dying

limbs all weakened, this body that of paralysis
amidst hard rain, i cried on heavier
no one could tell the difference, no one could hear
both liquid made this pool of sorrow

my knees smashed on solid ground
and with eyes shut, i talked to God
what this life has done to me?
He embraced me..it never felt so warm.

1 comment:

Cielo said...

yes. i wrote i this ^_^